We just lately sat down and talked to World prominent D,j, Dj Jam-jam aka Oyinbo swagga,
1. excellent day Dj Jam-Jam, How did you provide you with your name? a short historical past on your heritage?
It used to be a nickname given to me as a result of i admire Jamaican roots reggae song.
I’m a full blooded british boy based totally in London, UK. DJ JamJam AKA Oyinbo Swagger AKA the professional Alanta DJ.
2. For anyone along with your ethnic heritage, How did you boost the interest for Nigerian music?? What other genres of tune are you into?
at the time i was once seeking to impress a girl with my musical knowledge and naija dance moves! It developed into an actual ardour which i incorporated into my DJ units. It has been a real pleasure to observe the trade grow. there may be an abundance of talent coming out of Nigeria.
No genre of track goes unlistened for me, you’ll discover thought from any form of tune. mostly I play RnB, HipHop, old skool, UK urban, Dancehall, Funky home and naturally my beloved AfroBeats!
3. What inspired you to turn into a Dj?
My Father was a DJ in his adolescence so i assume its within the blood, additionally the feeling of power from the group when your rocking the situation may be very addictive.
i can still take into account that being that dude at house events crouched in the nook over a stereo looking to get the party leaping.
4. Who/What are your influences in relation to song?
Bob Marley, Al inexperienced, The Beatles, Elvis are all authentic legends that i take heed to time and time again. in the Naija scene am feelin Terry G, Timaya, Dagrin and the whole thing Wande Coal touches turns to gold!
I wish to learn at least one factor from each person i meet. they may be able to have walked with Kings or widespread individuals. everybody has one thing to present.
5. what is your take on the Nigerian song industry from the earlier, present and future?
The Nigerian music trade seems usually to be divided into the historically infused sounds of juju, fuji, Afrobeat etc. The likes of Fela , Femi Kuti, Sunny Ade, Sir Shina Peters, Pasuma, K1 and co.
And into the up to date sounds of the likes of 2face (prior to now of Plantashun Boiz),The remedies, P-sq., Olu care for, Dbanj and co.
there may be now fierce competition from quality gamers on this sport.
i think now folks may title the producers of specific tracks which seems an actual indication of a deep love for the track by means of the lots…..the sky’s the restrict ooo!!!
6. are you able to provide us a brief checklist of the displays you have got carried out at and the place you’re going to be performing within the near future??
i have carried out for top profile occasions which have taken me to the highest of London’s nightclub scene, to company Studio launches, to concerts on the O2 area and tv/Radio shows alike. In december i performed at the sold out Alanta Carnival in Lagos.
I can be performing in Amsterdam for a snappy flyover tour later this month.
And i will divulge that i can be performing for a special World Cup convey in South Africa with some A-checklist artists already established in June.
7. the place are u based totally at at this time? and do you could have any plans of going to Nigeria to show them what you have got?
I’m based in London but had been journeying the united kingdom. I’m excited to come back again to Lagos confidently by way of Easter. where else can i ride okada? seek advice from Fela Kuti’s shrine, eat egusi, shop in Shoprite and birthday party in Caliente!!
eight. the place does Dj-Jam Jam see himself down the line in 5years??
in the near future i am hoping to move into radio.
i might adore it if i will be able to assist bring naija music to an excellent wider target audience all over the world. even though i be small participant in serving to that occur, i might have done one thing very profitable in my eyes.
9. Any final phrases for your fanatics, what should we be taking a look out for from you? Any different shoutouts!
I would like to provide a distinct shoutout to Artquake (Alanta) who noticed my potential and flew me out to Lagos, they have got change into my very shut brodas!
I wish to thank everybody who ever believed in me and supported me even after I was once just “dat oyinbo boy” seeking to play Afrobeats….Cokobar, Guvnor Bar, Badabing Ents, Bigg Boss Ents, Gabz Inc, smooth Ents, Panache events, The Diplomats but most importantly to the folks that hearken to my mixtapes, make stronger me and are available week in week out to my displays. God bless you all!
And i will completely disclose to Gidilounge that i can be releasing a single featuring an array of Naija artists very soon…stay tuned!!!
DJ JAMJAM (OYINBO-SWAGGA)
below is the link to download his newest and most exclusive mixtape:
Oyinbo Swagger Vol.1
FREE obtain right here:
►Single File MP3:
2) Banky W – sturdy Ting
three) Banky W – Lagos birthday celebration
four) identity Cabasa – under Rated
5) Cartiair – Owo Ati Swagger
6) P-sq. – i love You
7) D’Prince feet Wande Coal – i love What I See
eight) Dola Billz feet Saffie – Sing four me (JamJam Drop)
9) Rugged Man feet Ice Prince – She n My Swagga (JamJam Drop)
10) Kas – Fi Mi Le
eleven) Jah Hanief ft Hydro – JamJam Ah Go Make You Dance Tonight (Fall In Love Remix)
12) Klever Jay feet Rugged Man – Sho Wa attractive
13) MC Loph ft Flavour – Osondi Owendi
14) Artquake toes Ajasa, young Nate, LKT – Onetin Onetin
15) P-square – E No simple16) Nico Gravity – end Timaya
17) Timaya – Plantain Boy
18) Terry G – Free madness
19) D’Bling – sexy Nigerian woman20) Shakar El Swagga – anyhow (JamJam Drop)
21) Jaywon – Filebe
22) Sheyman – Wonkulu
23) Durella – My lifestyles
24) Side1 toes Terry G – separately
25) Jaywon toes Terry G – Gbon Gbon Gbon
26) Dagrin – Kondo
27) Terry G – Hallelujah
28) k-Solo – Nor Nor
29) JJC – we are Africans
30) Lexzy Doo – 4 display31) Danny young – Oju Ti won (JamJam Funky combine)
32) 9ice – Gbamu Gbamu
33) Dr Sid – something About You
34) Dr Sid – When The tune Comes On
35) R2Bees toes Wande Coal – Kiss your Hand Remix